Q&A with George Skrimizeas
Founder & CEO, Nortus Investments, Inc.
Family Office Insights sits down with Mr. George Skrimizeas, Founder and CEO of Nortus Investments Inc., to discuss his recently established ship investment fund, and how he plans to exploit the opportunities that will arise mainly from stricter environmental regulations imposed on shipping, due to take effect in 2020, while at the same time introducing innovative and unconventional technologies and transparency into the shipping industry.
Please join Family Office Insights for this gathering on Wednesday, October 3rd, 2018 to learn more about Nortus Investments, Inc.
Family Office Insights
PRESENTS: Nortus Investments, Inc.
Family Office Insights is a voluntary, “opt-in” collaborative peer-to-peer community of single family offices, qualified investors and institutional investors. Join the community here www.familyofficeinsights.com
George Skrimizeas, Founder & CEO, NORTUS INVESTMENTS INC. (www.nortusinv.com)
George Skrimizeas is an expert in the shipping industry with thirty years of experience. His experience comprises not only of ship management, but also capital markets, as he has been instrumental in two public shipping companies. (NYSE: PRGN, NYSE: TEU)
- Over 30 years of experience within the shipping industry, the last 15 in top executive roles
- Successfully completed asset plays in the Dry Bulk Sector yielding triple digit returns
- Raised more than of $750 Million from capital markets
- Managed more than 80 vessels (bulkers, tankers, containerships)
- Built more than 20 ships in China, Japan and Korea
- Managed over 200 shore staff & 3,000 crew members
- For the Founder’s commitment to excellence and quality, the European Organization for Quality awarded him the “Quality Leader of the Year 2014” award.
- The vision of Nortus Investments & its founder, Mr. George Skrimizeas, is to build the shipping company of the future, with the main constituent being “family bond”, to build a lucrative, cost effective and profitable relationship with shareholders
- George Skrimizeas is fully committed to executing the successful launch of this new venture. His contribution is not only via his extensive experience and expertise in the field but in kind, as he is participating in equity, investing alongside investors in this round with $2 million of his own capital
- Aged 53, he lives in Athens, Greece; married to Mary, father to two sons
- He started his career in Shipping in 1988 and has worked in London, Hong Kong, Romania and Athens
- He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from the University of Piraeus, Greece in 1988 and completed the coursework necessary to obtain his Masters of Science in Finance from the University of Leicester, in the United Kingdom, in 2002.
- He is a member of the Hellenic Chamber of Economics, the Hellenic Association of Chief Executive Officers, the Business Advisory Committee of the ICMA Centre, Henley Business School (Msc in International Shipping and Finance) and the Business Advisory Committee of the ALBA Graduate Business School (MBA in Shipping, Msc in Shipping Management). He has also served as Governor, Member of the Board of Governors of the International Propeller Club of the USA, Port of Piraeus and Member of its Maritime Committee (2015).
- He serves as President of the Executive Committee of the Institute of Finance and Business Administration of the Hellenic Management Association.
- George loves sports and is a passionate art collector.