Q&A with Roz Huang of Athena Music & Wellness Therapy, Inc.
Athena Music & Wellness Therapy, Inc. is a mental wellness solutions provider, harnessing the power of music to help individuals with a myriad of challenges from autism to Alzheimer’s, and from addiction to depression. We specialize in clinical music therapy treatment, therapist education, mental wellness, and licensing.
1). A complete education platform for music therapy (online / in-class)
2). Music therapy treatment system (virtual tele-therapy /in-person care)
3). Wellness technology development / content licensing – TuneWell is a robust music wellness therapy / self-care, mental fitness mobile app that users can listen to from anywhere and thrive. Athena also has a patented assistive digital tech therapy device for Autism, Alzheimer’s, and rehabilitation patients.
Athena is the exclusive licensee in North America and Southeast Asia that has AICQ SICEV ( ACCREDIA)-Authorization, as the evaluation and certification examination for music therapy.
AICQ SICEV is a Certification organization (OdC) accredited by ACCREDIA (the Italian government accreditation agency.)
We can, therefore, issue European Music Therapy Board-Certifications. We provide test locations to students and current music therapists.
What is music therapy? How does it help?
The Healing Power of Music is Unlike any Other Form of Treatment.
Music therapy is a combination of the art of music and intervention treatment (psychology). It is the only sensory medium that can activate all areas of the brain at the same time, which triggers the development of new neuropathways for healing and wellness.
The benefits of music therapy are beneficial for everyone and have been documented by healing people with a wide variety of conditions:
• Therapy for those with Autism, Alzheimer’s, and dementia; brain injuries, stroke, stress, depression, and addiction.
• Music therapy is so powerful it can reduce the use of pharmaceuticals and medicine for many conditions and can completely change your mood and your life.
• Companies are seeing positive effects in their workplace with improved employee morale, stress reduction, increased ability to focus, and relief from anxiety.
• Healthy individuals can use music as a wellness tool for stress reduction and relaxation.
Join us for a Family Office Insights Webinar featuring Athena Music & Wellness Therapy, Inc.
September 17th at 2:15 PM Eastern. RSVP & Confirmation Required Here
Family Office Insights is a voluntary, “opt-in” collaborative peer-to-peer community of single family offices, qualified investors and institutional investors. Join the community here www.familyofficeinsights.com
How serious is the worldwide mental health crisis?
Priorities around mental health and wellness are at an all-time high across the globe. Even before the Covid-19 pandemic, this crisis was accelerating and now the pandemic has escalated the need for solutions.
• 1 in 4 people in the world will be affected by mental or neurological disorders at some point in their lives. Around 450 million people currently suffer from such conditions, placing mental disorders among the leading causes of ill-health and disability worldwide. (WHO)
• Autism affects an estimated 1 in 59 children in the United States and 1 in 45 children in China. In 2019, Alzheimer's disease affected 5.8 million people in the USA. (CDC)
• An estimated 17.3 million adults in the U.S. live with major depressive disorder. (Gallup)
• In the United States, almost half of adults (46.4%) will experience a mental illness during their lifetime. (National Council for Behavioral Health)
Where does this crisis present market opportunity for Athena?
In 2019, wellness technology was at an all-time market record of 4.2 trillion dollars.
• Teletherapy services are highly in demand and telehealth service companies are booming: Talkspace (online therapy) and BetterHelp (online counseling platform) reported a surge in new users this year; Headspace secured $47.7 million in new funding. Experts are optimistic that telehealth services, virtual appointments and aids will replace in-person care and will become the standard for health services.
• Demand for music therapists grew significantly in 2018 & 2019 with predictions showing that this trend will continue to grow. (Let’s add the source if you have it)
• The top 10 highest-grossing meditation apps of 2019 — a subset of “self-care” apps — grew to $195 million. That’s a 52% year-over-year increase. This increase is substantial compared to a few years prior when the top 10 meditation apps of 2015 only pulled in just over $8 million in revenue.
• About 1 in 3 Americans have at least tried digital health products and 1 in 5 use health apps on a regular basis.
• The $425 million set aside in the CARES Act for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration is less than a quarter of 1% of the $185 billion invested in healthcare providers altogether.
How does Athena deliver as one of the leading global music wellness services for mental health?
Our global business model of therapist education, music therapy treatment, mental wellness and licensing is delivered across three continents: North America, Asia, and Europe. Athena utilizes multiple music therapy models and cultures and is the pioneer organization offering music therapy through the European Certification Board globally.
• Athena has a complete therapist education platform: professional online or in-classroom courses; complete music therapy degree programs; individual certification courses and certification test preparation classes.
• Athena delivers cutting-edge, research-based music therapy treatment systems by certified music therapists offered both in-person and tele-therapy.
• One of Athena’s founding principles is mental wellness and licensing. TuneWell is Athena’s robust proprietary music wellness/self-care, mental fitness app where consumers or organizations can create personalized music wellness programs to achieve optimal mental health and well-being
Roz Huang of Athena Music & Wellness Therapy, Inc.
Roz Huang is the CEO /Co-Founder of Athena Music & Wellness Therapy, Inc. and CEO of Dandelion Global. She is an accomplished, 20+ yr. global business/investment Senior Advisor, and well-renowned woman leader across the U.S and the Asia Pacific in healthcare, education, and technology. Roz’s expertise includes global high-level strategic alliance development, strategic planning in areas such as sustainability, healthcare, technology, key partnerships, and investor relations. Her prestigious list of clients are diverse and include Petro China. , LNG liquid natural gas projects, and several technology firms ranging from Silicon Valley to San Diego. Roz is passionate about helping children and adults live out their best life and experience mental wellness through music therapy. Her goal is to help to improve the quality of life and she is committed to lead innovation and education for the good of our public’s mental health. Roz is also a consummate community leader: Member of the board of directors of Alzheimer’s Association, OC Member of the board of directors of AppTech Corp. a fintech company. Member of the Advisory board of directors of IntivaHealth Corp. She is the founder / Chairwoman of the International Music & Wellness Council, a 501 (c)(3) Non-Profit organization. Contact Roz: Roz@athenamwt.com