Q&A with Ryan Herd, Founder of Caregiver Smart Solutions
Family Office Insights is a voluntary, “opt-in” collaborative peer-to-peer community of single family offices, qualified investors and institutional investors. Join the community here www.familyofficeinsights.com
What is your 90 second pitch?
As of today there are more than 50 million Americans 65 and older
And, 87% of them want to age in place – in their homes. They dread the thought of moving to a nursing home.
We all worry about our older loved ones who live alone especially if we don’t live nearby.
But, how do we know if they’re okay? Are they eating? Are they moving around or just sitting in front of the TV all day? And then there is the dreaded fall.
Cameras are intrusive and they are not wearing their pendants.
Caregiver Smart Solutions has the answer.
Our solution is comprised of tiny, peace-of-mind non-intrusive sensors that are placed discretely around the home and provide insights using real-time data. These sensors monitor our loved ones activities and feed information to our app.
In the seconds it takes to open the app, you can know that your loved one is eating, sleeping normally, and moving around. But, it also gives you insights for early detection of problems. You can see if there are changes in their sleeping and eating patterns, visits to the bathroom or change in activity level.
The sensors also provide proactive fall detection that reduces the time it takes for you to know about and react to a catastrophic fall.
We are currently selling our 4 Room package – covering the main rooms of a home for $499 with white glove installation and $45 a month monitoring.
Eventually our solution will generate a revenue opportunity for the Eldercare, Medical and Insurance Industries.
How is your solution uniquely addressing this problem?
1. We believe behavior is an indicator of health.
2. We require no actions by aging loved ones
3. We compress the time between event and caregiver action
4. Utilizing non-invasive sensor technology we provide loved ones, paid caregivers, the medical community and insurance providers with easy access to insight into how their loved one is doing. We can monitor all daily activities as well as Proactive fall detection, UTI, non 24, early dementia. Best of all see all of this through a simple app.
Who is your customer and how do you plan on acquiring them?
Our target customer is:
1. The unpaid family caregiver
2. The in-home care franchises
3. Assisted living communities
4. Rehab facilities
5. Insurance companies including long term disability and Medicare/Medicaid.
Our work within the elder care community is raising awareness. We will utilize various strategies targeting aging adults (i.e. traditional print, event sponsorship at 55+ communities and popular senior centers, etc.) while using digital and social campaigns to attract 45-65 adult children demographic.